Thursday, June 17, 2010

Are You Alive? Are You Sure?

Ladies, how many of you feel sexy on a regular basis? If you are anything like me, there are probably lots of times when everyday life gets in the way, and feeling sexy is the last thing you feel.

Today's women run around all day long trying to cram a million activities into 24 hours, and often forget to take time for themselves. Even women, like me, who are firm believers in femininity, not feminism, get lost in the race to accomplish, and put their feminine selves on the back burner.
Justify Full
Well, this morning, I woke up and began to compose a to-do list in my head. Slowly, I realized that it was Sunday, so most of my to-dos had to wait until the work week, at which point I felt at a loss for something to do.

Then I remembered waking up like that when I was a child - late on a Sunday morning in the summer. I was so excited about not having to do anything! My plan would be to head out into our garden (hopefully avoiding my mother, who would inevitably try to make me eat a healthy breakfast!) and spend the day playing in the sun.

It was so easy back then to do nothing, and just enjoy being alive! So what changes when we grow up? Why is there no delight in just being?

Maybe, we simply get used to different things. I got used to constantly doing something, and constantly running out of time. When I start to slow down, there are usually more things I remember I want to do.

And when it seems like there are no more things to do, I worry that I forgot to do something important.

Call it paranoia, or adulthood, but this can't be good for you! Where is the time taken for yourself? Where are the moments you are going to remember as you get older? And if there are moments you remember, are they about you, or are they all about other people?

Last night, I went to the Jacksonville Landing to listen and dance to the Spanish Harlem Orchestra, one of my favorite New York bands. It was their music that put me on this train of thought this morning.

When I dance to a live band, there is nothing else - just me and the music. This is when I feel alive, feminine, sexy, confident... all those things I am supposed to feel on a daily basis, but forget how.

So today, I just want to ask you, ladies, and the random guy who has made it to the end of this article, to take time for yourselves. Listen to music. Go for a walk.

Find a babysitter and get out to a park, the beach, a book store... go anywhere you want and do what you need to do to feel alive. Don't make excuses, or plans to do this next weekend, do it now. You deserve it!

By : Jenny_Levina

No comments: