Monday, October 25, 2010

Avoid My Mistake And Discover The Best Exercises For Women

I wanted to share this exercise story for a long time, and today is the day. I am writing this only because there are other women who have had the same bad experience and hopefully I can help others avoid this same mistake. So here goes.

I will not hide the fact that I am over 40. In fact, I could not hide it if I wanted to. I am just one of those women who actually looks her age. In spite of my vitamin routine, extensive Loreal and Sephora arsenal, miscellaneous hidden body contouring devices, I still look 40.

When I first started looking for an exercise program for women of "my age", I was tired, out of shape and desperately wanting more energy. I thought exercise would be just the ticket, so my hunt for a great workout for women was on.

When my new DVD exercise video arrived, I as more than ready to get started. I cleared space in the family room, pulled the shades, locked the doors and turned off my phone. Wearing my new workout outfit made me feel as though I was on the verge of becoming a totally new me. I was ready. The DVD player was ready to go and I turned on the TV...

I was now face to face with this tiny, blonde, 20 year old exercise instructor. You know the type. All hair, teeth, boobs and a designer leotard. She was so thin I had to squint to see her, plus she was moving so quickly she was just a blur on the screen... even before the exercises started. But I was determined to not let this skinny underage chicklet get the better of me. Then it began.

There was no sweat. Just pain. "Stick your right arm out in front of you like this. Now bring your left heel up to your buttock and hold it in place like this. Slowly lower your body using your right leg only while bending forward and touching your forehead to the floor like this.

Now, slowly return to the standing upright position. Oh my God!!! You did great!" And that was just the muscle stretching warm up. I just stood there in disbelief. "I'll just skip the warm up", I said to myself.

From there, it was downhill. I did keep up for a while, but it was sort like the way a dog tied to a Ferrari might sort of keep up for a while. That was that. I turned off the TV and sat on the sofa.

By : Tina_Struthers

No comments: