Saturday, September 12, 2009

Honey Beauty - I Used Honey to Condition My Hair

As a woman I am always careful to make sure I look my best especially my hair. Recently I took the brave decision to condition my hair with honey and was absolutely overwhelmed with the results.

One of the reasons I opted to try honey in the first place is because I have sensitive skin and found lots of manufactured products, even those containing natural ingredients would leave my scalp a little itchy and flaky.

Because honey is a natural product the idea of using it on my head was quite appealing at one level. However I was not looking for forward to the mess it would create and as this was a bit of an experiment was understandably anxious about the end result. I am sure that all the ladies reading this will completely understand my concerns.

To begin with I took a jar of natural honey and put about half of it into a pan and just warmed it up a little just to make it a little more pliable and runny. Please note; you really need to be careful not to overheat the honey to avoid burning yourself.

Once heated through I simply stuck my hand in the pan and began to take handfuls and spread over my hair working it right down into the roots. This probably took me about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The process was very messy so I do advise you to make sure you wear an apron and work in an area that can be easily cleaned such as a tiled bathroom.

I left the honey on for 10 minutes massaging my hair throughout the whole time. Then I simply rinsed and washed my hair and dried using my favourite Chi hair dryer.

Then end result was outstanding my hair felt soft and full bodied. It had sheen and was really easy to manage. Given the amount of effort required to condition my hair this way I will probably only do this on a monthly basis though.

By Jessica Hannah

No comments: