Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Maggie Gyllenhaal's work worries

Maggie Gyllenhaal doesn't "have motherhood down".

The 31-year-old actress - who has two-year-old daughter Ramona with husband Peter Sarsgaard - worries she is not giving her child the best start in life because she still works.

She explained: "I want to give my daughterthe same gift that my mom and my grandmother gave to me, which is the knowledge that, as a woman, I can do anything professionally and personally. I have everything open to me. But that doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

"I continue to make lots of sacrifices to make sure my daughter feels comfortable, or at least as comfortable as she can. But I can't and don't pretend I have it down."

Maggie she finds the challenge of motherhood "complicated", and often feels pained when she leaves Ramona to go to work.

She thinks it would be easier for her daughter if her job had more structured hours, and so has decided only to commit to films which make the wrench of leaving home worth it.

She told Working Mother magazine: "Sometimes I fantasize about staying home with Ramona all day, so that I don't miss a thing in this amazing two-year-old's life.

"I'm an artist; I love my job. I feel very, very lucky to be in the position where going to work means I'm feeding myself. As a mother, you have to make sure you do that because that will nourish your child too."

By BANG Showbiz

FROM : http://www.askmen.com

No comments: