Monday, August 17, 2009

Hot sex no match for cold cash, AOL poll of women finds

For love or money; we'll take money.

And that's the final answer to a question about what women say they would rather do when given a choice between saving $50 a week or having more sex.

Sorry, boys. It's the economy.

A national survey conducted by AOL's Shortcuts.com and AllYou.com found that, in these hard times, most women were happy to have more spending money than spending more time in bed.

And New York women asked the same question Sunday said the poll is spot on.

"Two years ago, I would have responded differently, but in these times, money is definitely a priority over sex," said Tracy Miller, 35, a bartender in Chelsea.

"I would rather have savings that can create some stability in my life than momentary pleasure," she added. "I have cut down majorly on eating out, drinking and shopping."

"I'd take the money hands-down," agreed Fay Stuart, 27, a Jamaica, Queens, homemaker. "In this recession, I'd rather have more money and security than sex."

In fact, eight of nine women asked in Herald Square pined more for money than men.

And it wasn't limited to a specific age group.

Lauren Viteritti, a 19-year-old undergraduate student from Queens explained, "I'm a college student. I'd rather pay off student loans. I need the money more than sex right now."

Kim Bennet, 29, was a little more philosophical - noting it depends on the man.

"The goodness of the tradeoff has to be taken into consideration. It's on a case-by-case basis," she reasoned. "But, in most cases, I would probably go with the $50."

The lone naysayer was a woman who, perhaps smartly, asked that her last name not be published - or picture taken.

"Sex is definitely worth more than $50," said Melanie L., 39, from Murray Hill. "I've been married happily for four years. What's with the money and full pockets? We're not gonna take it with us when we die. I'd rather die a happy woman."

The AllYou/Shortcuts poll also found that the nearly 5,300 women and 600 men surveyed were weathering the economic pinch in different ways, with many reporting cutting coupons for the first time, putting off vacations and dining in.
Credit Card Ratings

BY: Kavita Mokha

From : http://www.nydailynews.com

No comments: